Current Opening: Youth Peer Advocate(s) P/T
Closing Date: September, 25, 2022
Reports To: Prevention Program Coordinator
Supervision: Bi-Weekly with Prevention Program Coordinator
Job Type: 5 hours per week, flexible hours, work may occur on evenings and weekends
Compensation: Paid position at 16.00/hour
Career Pathway: Opportunity to explore substance abuse prevention, mental health promotion and community organization as a career and experience entry level prevention professional position.
- Work with the Prevention Program Coordinator to plan and implement coalition events and activities e.g. health fairs, awareness events, community trainings, social media and marketing campaigns, surveys and data collection.
- Represent the Coalition and participate in Coalition events, activities and develop collaborative partnerships with school and community youth groups.
- Mandatory attendance of the Governor’s Prevention Partnership Youth Advisory Board meetings- once a month.
- High school or college student or resident of (community) under the age of (25)
- Strong interest in and willingness to learn about substance abuse prevention, including the Strategic Prevention Framework, mental health promotion and community organization
- Ability to talk with peers about substance abuse and mental health issues.
- Engage in opportunities to meet a network of prevention professionals and volunteers
Submit Cover Letter, Résumé and Town of Windham Employment Application to:
Windham PRIDE Prevention Coordinator
Town of Windham- 979 Main Street
Willimantic, CT 06226